- Each year the UC Concert Choir and University Singers tour a portion of the U.S. Past tours have included trips to Chicago, New York, Maryland, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Washington D.C. Check out some of their performances here: http://www.ucwv.edu/majors/music/performances.aspx
- What do you wish you knew as a freshman? UC senior Megan Bauman interviewed several upperclassmen to find out what Golden Eagle students thought on this subject. Watch the video above to find out what they said.
- Want to Work Out? A few UC Pharmacy faculty and staff are doing Shaun T’s T-25 Focus workout upstairs in the fitness center and they encourage everyone to join them. They will be starting at Alpha level and switching to Beta level on September 23rd. Workout times are as follows:
Mondays: 11 a.m.
Tuesdays: 1 p.m.
Wednesdays: 11 a.m.
Thursdays: 11 a.m.
Fridays: 10:30 a.m.
Sundays stretching on your own time
- The University of Charleston School of Pharmacy held its eighth annual White Coat Ceremony at 2 p.m. on Friday, August 30, 2013, in Geary Auditorium.The white coat is a symbol of the health care profession, and each year the UC School of Pharmacy places the white lab coat on new pharmacy students as part of their entry into the profession. This year, 94 members of the pharmacy class of 2017 will participate. Students, faculty, and families gathered to mark this rite of passage.
- Professor Ray Yeager’s art show, titled “In Rerum Natura,” will be on display September 10 through November 14 in Bluefield College’s Art Gallery in Lansdell Hall. Open and free to the public, the exhibit will run from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. Weekend hours may be obtained by calling the BC Art Department at 276-326-4558 or by e-mailing the BC Office of Public Relations at email@example.com. Visit http://www.bluefield.edu/article/yeager-art-show-brings-abstract-to-bc/ to learn more!
- Washington Post writer, movie producer and author of the new book “The Butler: A Witness to History,” Wil Haygood will kick off the 2013-14 University of Charleston Speaker Series sponsored by Dow Chemical Company Foundation on Tuesday, Sept. 24th: http://tinyurl.com/mzpfkw4
- Maroon & Gold Day is just around the corner! Make sure to let prospective Golden Eagle students know about this exciting opportunity to get acquainted with UC. All info on the event, as well as registration, can be found here: http://www.ucwv.edu/MGDay/
- The women’s soccer team is at home this Thursday vs Ursuline at 2pm and this Sunday at 2 p.m. vs Lake Erie College. Both games are at Trace Fork. Come out, cheer on your school, and collect your Eagle’s Nest points!
- Women’s cross country is at Virginia Tech this Friday.
- Men’s soccer heads to Pennsylvania to take on Cannon University this Friday, then they travel to Mercyhurst on Sunday.
- Women’s volleyball is in the Glenville State Tournament this weekend, where they’ll play Bluefield College (VA), Slippery Rock University, Bluefield State College, and host Glenville State College.
- Men’s golf will be away at Urbana University this weekend.
- Football heads to Shaw University for a 1 p.m. game on Saturday.
This Talon was prepared by UC senior Megan Bauman. Megan is a communications major interning in the UC Communications Office, and a member of the women’s soccer team.
Please print and post if there are people in your department who do not have access to email. Have news you’d like to share? Email firstname.lastname@example.org